Sunday, June 6, 2010

Introduction

I've owned guitars off and on since about 1990. I've played consistently between 1990 and 1991, owned a guitar twice between 1991 and 2007. I've been playing consistently again between 2007 and now.

Here's why I started this blog: I've come to a point where what I don't know how to do is a bit embarrassing. Like most people, I usually try to put myself in positions where I do not expose my inadequacies. Nobody likes feeling inadequate.

There's the rub. To change from a guitar owner to a guitar player to a musician, I need to address my inadequacies. Right now I can play a few songs, but not in time, not consistently. When I'm playing at home, without other people, it sounds alright. But as soon as there are other instruments, the gig is up!

The purpose of this blog is to track the steps I take to improve and change from someone who knows how to play some songs on the guitar to someone who can really play the instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment