Saturday, June 26, 2010

Verbose Fortune Cookies...

In reflecting on my recent experiences I realized that to perfect some piece you have to be willing to fail over and over again, but never accept any failure as final. That's kinda how it work in life...you have to take risks knowing they may not work and you're going to have to try again.

The thing is, if you don't give it your best you WILL fail. That's pretty much the only guarantee you get.

This is the nature of learning math that really makes me feel pride in my students when they are successful. I know they had to struggle and fail.

For me learning something challenging helps me better relate to, and motivate, my students.

When I was hired a fortune cookie writer, it lasted about 2 hours. Too many words. They said I'd be better off having written, "Luck favors the prepared." Ugh. Too cliche!

No comments:

Post a Comment